Sunday, July 24, 2011

L-I's Picks of Wolfram|Alpha Widgets For the Info Geeks


Last September, I posted about Wolfram|Alpha here on L-I. I've originally created a separate page for the W|A widgets (prev. the Tools page) but since Blogger only lets you create 10 static pages, I have to remove it to give space to other pages which are more important to the blog. As I promised, here they are - L-I's Picks of Wolfram|Alpha Widgets.


What is Wolfram|Alpha?

W|A is a computational knowledge engine: it generates output by doing computations from its own internal knowledge base, instead of searching the web and returning links.

What you see above isn't an image, it's a widget! Try typing "where am I" and it will return your location by detecting your IP address
- and even the satellite image of where you are via Bing Maps.


>> To know more about W|A, read L-I's article:



The Widgets


MONEY & FINANCE - For the finance geeks.


ASTRONOMY - For the astro-geeks.


CHEMISTRY - For the chem-geeks.

FOOD & NUTRITION - For the diet geeks.

HEALTH - For the health geeks.

WEB - For the web geeks.

TRAVEL - For the travel geeks.


FUN - For the humor geeks.
Tip: Try :-F

If you want to request a specific type of widget, feel free to post it below and L-I will hunt it for you. If there isn't any of it available, I'll try to make one! :-)

Update Logs:

July 26 - Added the Distance widget for Sir Nonoy of Cebu and Davao

For the complete list of Wolfram|Alpha widgets, visit www.wolframalpha.com/widgets.

0 Switch to the Web version to comment:

Post a Comment

· Home · About · Support · Blogroll · Partners · Advertise · Credits · Disclaimer · Contact · .
Loading-Info © 2010++ creative commons license Powered by Blogger