Monday, August 1, 2011

GetGlue: Check-in to your Favorites and Get Free Stickers


Whether you are a big screener, a walking stereo, a television bum, an avid web explorer, or you are just thinking about a topic - you would love GetGlue. I told myself that I would make a review of GetGlue not until I received my first batch of free stickers. And yes, I've already received them. :)
Before showing you my stickers, (what a teaser) if you don't know what GetGlue is and you have not joined yet, you are missing a lot of goodies.

From their description:
GetGlue is a leading social network for entertainment, with over 1 million users, 100 million data points and a 30 million daily reach through Facebook & Twitter. Users check-in and share what they are watching, listening to and reading with friends; get fresh recommendations and exclusive rewards from GetGlue partners.
It's a little bit like Foursquare. But instead of checking-in to places - you check-in to your activities. If you are watching a TV show, you check-in. If you are about to watch an opening to a film, a movie preview or a trailer, you may check-in.


The cool part here is you can Like them. The cooler part is you can also make reviews. Above all, the coolest part here is you can get stickers for free. Upon checking-in, you may unlock stickers. For example, Captain America: The Last Avenger is showing today, and the production company partnered with GetGlue to send out free stickers to those who watched the film and checked-in on GetGlue, the sticker(s) will be added to your account.



After you've collected 20 stickers. They will mail them to you, REAL stickers. At first, I doubt that they will send the stickers for free because they are based in New York, and I'm from the Philippines. But then, after I've collected 20 stickers, I entered my address and waited.

I entered my address. :-)
And it went through! :D

I ordered it on May 30, and it took more than a month to travel all the way from New York to the Philippines. My stickers arrived on July 22. Here they are:

My GetGlue Stickers
Apologies for the quality of the photo.
The mail arrived with 3 bonus stickers, those stickers with the GetGlue logo. However, the recepient's name is GetGlue Fan, instead of my name.

And so that's the end of the story. My stickers arrived, and here's my review. By the way, I've ordered another batch of GetGlue stickers. :-)


You may join via Facebook and share your check-ins and unlocked stickers on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.

GetGlue by AdaptiveBlue, Inc. is based in New York City and is currently working with more than 50 major entertainment companies. Visit http://getglue.com for more info.

0 Switch to the Web version to comment:

Post a Comment

· Home · About · Support · Blogroll · Partners · Advertise · Credits · Disclaimer · Contact · .
Loading-Info © 2010++ creative commons license Powered by Blogger