Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BlogFest 2011: An Appreciation Event For Blogs and Bloggers


You must be wondering what this is all about. BlogFest is an event I'll be hosting on Loading-Info where I'll be featuring blogs from June 15th to the 30th. This should be a whole month event but an unexpected event had pushed it halfway of June. On this event I'll be posting reviews of blogs from a list I've gathered from BlogEngage.

If you've read about my participation on BlogEngage's June Guest Blogging Contest, you must know about this. If not, you could read it here. I'll be picking from the sponsors of this month's contest. 

The contest could be the main reason that this event come to life but I also have other agendas.

If you didn't know, I started blogging last August 2010. It's almost one year since that moment I started to think which name I'll be calling my blog. Then came the hiatus on October to January, and L-I's comeback resurrection on February 2011.

I've been posting about web technologies often, and mostly things related to technology. Just recently, I'm enjoying the blogosphere so much. I've met brilliant bloggers and I've been to awesome blogs and communities.

Blogs Need To Be Recognized

This event, BlogFest, is dedicated to bloggers and blogs. Most critics claim that blogs are so cluttering the World Wide Web and there is no need for another human being to create one.

That is an unjustifying statement. Yes, our virtual world is always filled with abusers. Even the real world is full of beings with malicious intentions. We cannot prevent that. 

On the other hand, we should not use that as an excuse and the reason to say that blogs are of a lesser significance now compared before.

Remember this: Blogging != Spamming

As long as you have the ideas to share; or experiences you want the world to know; or occasions and important events needed to be archived on your online diary; the passion and determination to blog, you have the right to click that 'Create A Blog' button.

With that said, this event will be exclusively about blogs - their roles, and that each of them has a value on the World Wide Web. This will also introduce me to a wider web and the opportunity to expand my knowledge to not just one niche but to a variety of fields. This event will open additional doors ready for exploration!

Spread The Cause
If you want to spread the word:




Featured Blogs:


Stay tuned for more! ☺

0 Switch to the Web version to comment:

Post a Comment

· Home · About · Support · Blogroll · Partners · Advertise · Credits · Disclaimer · Contact · .
Loading-Info © 2010++ creative commons license Powered by Blogger